This article explains how to import the Worklight pattern type and pattern on the IBM SmartCloud Application Workload Service. It is part of a series of articles concerning the “IBM Worklight usage on IBM SmartCloud Application Services”. Go on Worklight Trial on SmartCloud Application Service page to get register!
In order to deploy a Worklight pattern, you have to upload the pattern-type which is the “tool box” allowing you to design a Worklight pattern. This should be done only once per IBM SmartCloud Application Workload Service. A Worklight pattern sample is also provided in order to quickly get up to speed and test your Worklight environment on the IBM SmartCloud Application Service.
1) Download the “IBM Mobile Application Platform Pattern Type”.
Going to the Worklight Trial on SmartCloud Application Service page, you will have the opportunity to download the a zip file containing the pattern-type and the sample pattern.
2) Install the “IBM Mobile Application Platform Pattern Type”
The installation of the “IBM Mobile Application Platform Pattern Type” is done by uploading it in your IBM SmartCloud Application Workload Service and this by using the IBM SmartCloud Application Workload Service console.
- Login in the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise portal and go in the “Control Panel” tab and click on the “Service Instances”.
Once the console is opened, go in the “Cloud” menu and select the “Pattern Types” action.
- Click on the “green plus” in order to upload the pattern-type.
A popup window appear asking the file which have to be uploaded. Select the “local” tab as you downloaded the pattern-type locally.
Wait until the file has been uploaded.
Read the Terms of the License and click “Accept” if you agree.
- Now the pattern-type is “Accepted” but we still need to “enable” it in order to use it.
- Click on the “[ Enable…]” hyperlink.
- As these pattern use OLTP for production and the default OLTP setup is for non-production, you have to update the OLTP configuration.
- Now we are ready to use it.
3) Install the WorklightStarter Sample pattern.
A Worklight pattern sample is provided as example and it contains the WorklightStarter application you can find in the DeveloperWorks Getting Started article.
This application shows RSS feeds from a site specified in the adapter definition.
- Once you have download the “WorklightStarterPatter.zip” via the registration page, login in the Workload Service and open the Pattern view by selecting from the menu “Pattern”->”Virtual Application”.
- Click on the and browse to the zip file (Optionally, you can provide a name)
- The pattern is automatically loaded.
If you have questions, please read this.